Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What The Heck Did I Buy

Aloha,chapter 4- I got up the next day and slowly had a cup of coffee and thought about what I had just bought. A 1992 Safari, Ivory 34 ft. gas with a 460 Ford, Gear Vendor over/under drive class A motor home. I payed 13K and I was wondering if it was worth it. Probably not, but it did not matter now because it was parked outside and the credit card was paid, so it was my problem now. I will just deal with it, no matter what. What ever it takes. I guess I am going through some kind of life change or something. Change can be good sometimes.
-My history, I have lived in Hawaii for the past 35 years and I am now 52 years old/young. I have worked as a welder in the shipyards and at Pearl Harbor for over 25 years, and have had to fix everything known to man at one time or another. And being that I did not always have the best equipment to use at all times, I learned how to improvise and make things for myself. I try to learn from the other trade workers that I work with. I have learned not to be afraid to try to fix something when I have never worked on it before. When I was a kid and my bike had a flat tire, If I didn't fix it, it didn't get fixed. So if I wanted to ride my bike, I had to learn how to fix a flat tire. Nobody taught me how to correctly do that task until later. I had to find out the hard way how to fix it. -Wow, that could be a whole page with just that story.- Like I say, a nut is a nut, and a bolt is a bolt. It is the same bolt on an engine of a oil tanker as it is on a missile launch radar tracking platform. Just don't mix up the parts. I have built a few boats from scratch, and have helped build tugboats and a 70 passenger aluminum power catamaran. I figured a motor home couldn't be that hard for me. The only problem was that I know nothing about them. But I am learning fast. If this is the easy way to learn, I will find out later, and let you know.
I went outside to look at it. Wow, it sure was big looking there in the yard. I am sure glad I don't live in the city. I moved here to my sister's 100 acres of ranch land in eastern Washington last year. I went inside the coach and the first thing I noticed was that the roof had leaked over the dash. So I put a plastic tarp over the top to keep it dry till I could fix it. It's too cold to do it now. The cabinets inside the galley are made of solid wood, and not that cheap particle board that falls apart if it gets wet. I like the colors of the wood and the floor has some kind of wood flooring. Tiles in the bathroom with a large shower with a glass door. A good layout and some nice leather seats, clean and not torn up. Most everything looks in very good condition. I went to the rear bedroom, lifted the bed to look inside the bed box. It was empty with no water tanks, water pump, or anything else. Just cut wires. I let down the bed and went to look outside. The biggest problem was there was no generator. I needed to price one out. I knew they might be expensive, but they couldn't be that much could they? The rest of the bad news was there was no inverter, no converter, no transfer switch, no house batteries, no water system, old tires, a hole in the muffler, a melted tail light lens, no mike for the CB, no rear view camera or monitor, the jack alarm buzzer would not stop, the TV should be in the trash, the water heater needs a new zinc and I don't even know if it works. I have not tried the furnace. Not until I fix all the electrical first. I guess I have a few projects to finish.---To finish first; first you must finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment